What does child sexual abuse look like?
It is the face of innocence interrupted.
Millions of children are, sexually abused every year by people they trust. Fathers, brothers, uncles, family friends, their mothers boyfriends…the list goes on.
The TLC network is shining a light on this issue with their documentary “Breaking the Silence.”
This documentary “Breaking the Silence” aired on the TLC network Sunday, August 30. This one-hour special featured interviews with people impacted by sexual abuse, including two members of RAINN’s Speakers Bureau, survivors Ter-rae Lee and David Moody, as well as survivor-advocate Erin Merryn, the force behind Erin’s Law.
One of the speakers on the program was Cheryl Burke of Dancing with the Stars fame. Cheryl shared her child sexual abuse story. She was sexually abused by her kinder-garden school teacher at the tender age of 6 years. She shares how that experience has shaped her life and defined her subsequent choice in lovers.
Some other famous child sexual abuse survivors were Oprah Winfrey and Dr Maya Angelou. All three of these women overcame their childhood obstacles and went on to live remarkable lives, but some are not so fortunate. In my book “Out of the Snares, A story of hope and encouragement” I share my childhood sexual abuse story and give my readers 10 life principles on how to not only overcome your childhood story but how to succeed in spite of it.
Here are the 10 Biblical and Universal Laws that can help readers rewrite the story.
1. Keep Your Vision in Front of you – Dare to dream big dreams and understand the principles of vision casting.
2. The events in your life whether good or bad, work together for good – God said I know your expected end. Stay the course; don’t give up until you win.
3. Let the Universal Laws of Attraction, the Laws of Intention work for you – Ask and it will be given unto you.
4. Have a Positive Mind-set – Take control of your thoughts and attitudes. Get rid of ANTS (Automatic Negative Thoughts)
5. Use what you have in your hand- You were created with a purpose; God gave you the skills and talents you need to complete your task. Stop waiting for the right time.
6. Be intentional about your Growth- Be proactive, be intentional, build on your gifts, and continually improve.
7. If you build it, they will come. Be a servant first.
8. Find your Passion – it is the Fire in your belly. Become conscious of what lights you up. God put that Fire in your belly as a beacon to achieve your purpose.
9. Love – it is what makes this Human experience worthwhile. Love yourself first. Love is spirit, God is spirit.
10. Business Consciousness – how to create a startup company and succeed in marketing.