>Home: The Mindset Transformations Radio show and Podcast.
How to Own the Sales Process from Prospect to Client.
i.e How to meet a prospect and walk out with a client!
In this episode, Coach Myrna Young interviews Elizabeth Gifford Maffei. Elizabeth was a multi-million dollar sales producer as a Real Estate agent, she is now a health and spiritual advocate and business coach.
* What is a Challenge that entrepreneurs and business owners experience when trying to close a sale?
* What is the difference between making a sale and creating a loyal client?
* What is the first step in having a successful meeting with a prospect?
* How should you prepare before meeting with your prospect?
* How should a successful meeting be conducted?
* How does the use of body language help with closing the sale?
* What is the most important step that many business owners leave out?
* An example of a successful prospect meeting that resulted in a closed sale.
Tip of the week from Coach Myrna
The four Stages of the Sale:
1: Qualify – Your prospects must have the money, the time, the need and the want to contract your services.
2: Build Rapport – People buy from people they like!
When you meet a prospect for the first time, it is important to find common ground. Look for similar interests or experiences and chat about them before getting into your sales pitch.
3: Tell a story – Showcase how your product or service helped another client. It could also be a personal story of your journey to your current vocation.
4: The Close – If you followed the first 3 stages then you don’t even need to close, just ask them to sign!
If you get to the end and you get objections, then you missed the qualify or selling the benefits.
Need Help with Mindset Transformation for Permanent Change?
Click below to schedule your Free Strategy Session for Transformation Coaching or a pre inteview to be a guest on the Mindset Transformations Radio show and Podcast.
Myrna Young Lifecoach
2590 First Street
Fort Myers, Fl 33901
Copyright: Myhelps Coaching and Consulting Services Inc.