Your, Unconscious mind, is carrying out behaviors that sabotage your, conscious mind, 24 hours per day. In fact studies show that our, subconscious programming, is running our lives 95% of the time.
- Whenever you are on auto pilot, you are running, subconscious programming, Have you ever gotten in your car and driven to your destination and you don’t recall how you got there. That is your, unconscious mind, driving you to your destination.
Auto pilot is just one of your, subconscious programs, that has to do with your beliefs.
These, subconscious programs, were downloaded to you before your 7th birthday are the programs your, unconscious mind, play until you die; unless you rewrite the programs.
Even if you become aware of your, subconscious programming, you still continue the behaviors because the, unconscious mind, will keep playing the same programs. Think about your vinyl record. Unless you scratch the record, it will play the same song forever!
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Plrx1PMHaOo” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
When I was growing up my activity of choice was reading Harlequin romances. I was brainwashed into believing that love looked and acted in a certain way. For example, all the leading men in my Harlequin romance novels, were rugged, tall, dark and good looking. All the leading ladies were independent and did not want a man’s help; so the man and the woman ended up feuding and hating each other until they realized that all, this attention they are placing on each other fighting, were actually the flip side of love!
These lovers, leading men and ladies were never a good match. Chemistry and raw physical attraction lead the way. Thirty years later, I was still playing that, subconscious program, It wasn’t until I met my husband that I started looking on the inside of a man, and not what he presented on the outside that I was able to reprogram my, unconscious mind,
Kidtasks – the application of good deeds now available on Google Aps.
Kidtasks is an organizer for your children’s daily routines, but it is good for the entire family.
This is how it works.
1) Parents create a list of tasks. It could be as simple as “feed your pet”, “brush your teeth”, “water the plants”, “do the dishes”, etc.
Parents you can even rate each task in points.
2) Family members do the tasks on the list and get points!
3) Parents set your own exchange rate. Eg 1 point may be equal to 1$. Having collected a certain amount of points, the children may ask their parents for their “salary” for their work!
Why this AP useful for PARENTS: Because it will help to give Kids a sense of responsibility and prepare them for the things they need to do when they become older.
Why this AP is useful for CHILDREN: Children will be rewarded when they help out with chores around the house! They will have the opportunity to get a “salary” or pocket money in exchange for working on their tasks.
Parents, this AP will teach your children responsibility and reward them in the process. To download this AP head over to Google Aps and search for Kidtasks that’s K-I-D-T-A-S-K-S.
I was listening to a sermon by, Joel Osteen, a few months back and he was telling the story of, subconscious programming, with his sister. Joel said his sister was praying and asking God for a husband and God sent her a wonderful man; but she rejected him because he had red hair. He did not fit her, subconscious programming, for a mate. It took her years to reprogram her, unconscious mind, and love this man.
Did you grow up in a home where your dad worked and your mom stayed home and watched the kids? You never saw your dad because he was always working and your family just had enough? That is your model of a family and today you are probably still running this, subconscious program,
What is your, Subconscious Programming, that needs to be rewritten?
I was a foster mom for years. I see these, subconscious programs, in foster and adopted kids all the time. Especially since most of them came into foster care system before their 7th birthday. They developed programs on abandonment, attachment disorders, survival, most of them hoard food because their, subconscious programs, were of lack and survival.
Here are 5 subconscious programs, Teenagers are running today
- Make generalizations (no one loves me, I’m always going to be a failure, I’ll never get a job or pass this test)
- Make choices and judgment based on past experiences
3. Settle in life, don’t apply for jobs or get involved in extra curricular activities
4. Reviews information and draws conclusions
(if someone breaks their heart, they learn to not trust people – to avoid being hurt again. If living in poverty, feel like will never get enough money to make it out of poverty. If get in a fight, feel they always need to protect them self
5. Accepts information literally and personally
(take a lot of things said to heart, but not as constructive criticism)
How to control your Unconscious Mind
- A mental picture is worth a thousand words. Your, unconscious mind, will bring to pass any picture held in the mind and backed by faith.
This is the space I am spending a lot of time in, at the moment. I am working on visualizing my goals and desires. I am having a hard time of it, because I am not a visual person. But this is the first step in controlling the, unconscious mind, Visualizing what you want. Let the, unconscious mind, find the way, you only have to give it the destination.
For example if you want to be married by the age of 30 and have 3 kids. That is the mental picture you give your, unconscious mind, The universe will find the man and arrange the kids!
Remember to give your, unconscious mind, only instructions that would elevate and heal. It cannot take a joke. Don’t say things like with my luck the man that shows up would be bowed legged with buck teeth! Because guess what, hold that image in your mind for any length of time and that is what you will get, a bow legged man with buck teeth. Trust me on this.
- Use Autosuggestion to improve any degradation.
Every day, in every way, I am getting younger and younger, my biological clock is set at a healthy 30 years of age, I look and feel a healthy 30 years of age. Every day I am renewing my mind and body by eating healthy foods, I take nutritional supplements wisely, etc.
I don’t remember all of it. I was saying these affirmations around my 40th birthday. So over 20 years ago. I still remember that affirmation because I said it every day for several months.
This year on my 60th birthday, I posted a picture on Facebook and this girl commented. She said “It is like you stopped aging at 30 years old. You just said F**K it! I am not getting any older! I do look 20 years younger than my chronological age and that’s because I rewrote my, subconscious programming,!
How to Rewrite Subconscious Programs
In my conscious mind I was always planning out my future and all things I wanted it to entail. I told myself, you will never be broke, you’re a go getter and you will always meet your basic necessities because of that. This mindset, relays into my life because it reminds me that failure is never an option and all things are possible because I know it is. Many times, I feel that I have programmed my, unconscious mind, for the success. I heal myself faster from injuries. For example, one time my eye was swollen, and I had a workshop coming up in 2 days. I said to my, subconscious mind, don’t sweat it, you are going to get a warm rag and sleep with it on your eye, then you will use antibiotics and by the day of your workshop it will be gone. Sure enough, the eye was not swollen anymore and I was able to facilitate my workshop with two functional eyes. Furthermore, despite all the adversity I have experienced in my life, I was always sure that I would finish University and get my degree. I programmed my, unconscious mind, to prepare for the test.
Remember the, unconscious mind, is carrying out behaviors that sabotage the, conscious mind.
Our, subconscious programming, doesn’t stop at age 7; but continues for the rest of our lives.
Getting Past our, Subconscious Programming
- Take risks to get past, subconscious programming, Your, unconscious mind, always wants to play it safe.
- Ask questions like, What else is possible that I have not considered?
- Say things like, how cool is it that I have all this extra money.
4. What am I going to do with all this extra cash?
5. How can I make this a reality?
6. What if I become a successful as a TV talk show host? What would that look like? See yourself in this role. This one is for me!!
This strategy is called auto inquisition. Thomas Edison practiced auto inquisition. He would sit in a chair and ask his, unconscious mind, questions about an invention. You can do the same.
- Give yourself permission to be successful, believe that you deserve good things to happen
- Don’t allow other peoples fears to make you doubt yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive reinforcement and allies.
- Speak your success as present fact not a future plan. Instead of saying I am figuring out how to do that now, say I am strategist. What do I need to make that happen right now.
- Start asking for what you want and keep track of all the things that have happened (gratitude journal)
- Create a vision space, so you can imagine what it is you want to happen in your life.