In this episode Dr Joe Nieusma, shares information on how viruses like the common cold, influenza virus, and other viruses operate in our body, what is the virus intent, how our immune system fights, what happens when the, immune system, looses the fight, and how health care workers stabilize patients. We look specifically on what makes the, coronavirus, so deadly and so infectious. Finally we discuss wellness programs and how you can protect yourself against the, coronavirus, and the next infectious virus, since they come around every 2 years or so.
As we record this episode the world is in a panic regarding the, Coronavirus, also called the, COVID-19
- The US death toll for the, corona virus, has climbed to more than 278
- COVID-19, cases in the US have surpassed 22,000+ and there are more than 298,000+ cases worldwide, 12,755+ deaths.
- Confirmed cases of the novel, coronavirus, have topped 200,000 worldwide
- Federal reserve cuts interest rates to nearly zero
- Italy reported 368 new, coronavirus, related deaths on March 15, a 25% rise
- Many US retailers have cut hours or closed in the face of the, coronavirus
- Spain reported that deaths from the, coronavirus, have more than doubled in a day to 288 with infections near 8,000
- All these reports have produced fear. People are hoarding supplies. There is no toilet paper, wipes, hand sanitizer, bleach, hydrogen peroxide and other items in the stores.
- Innovative Kickstarter campaign aims to enable the next generation to make smarter career choices
CareerDiscovery.net is an AR-based 3D-printed Collectible that works in tandem with a smart phone APP. It’s the first of it’s find. This device is designed to eliminate confusion and provide clarity in selecting the right career path for students, so students can invest their time and resources in the right courses and land better jobs
- One of the most exciting pieces about our pilot Space program is the space explorer figurine. We are giving this program to Kickstarter backers at a much discounted rate.
- This futuristic, space explorer is scannable and activates the Space modules in our Augmented Reality app.
Check out this game changing space explorer on our campaign page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/careerdiscovery/career-discovery-space
My guest today is Dr Joe Nieusma is the fearless CEO/Chief Toxicologist at Superior Toxicology & Wellness, an international scientific consulting firm that he founded.
How did you learn about the behavior of, viruses?
I’ve been in toxicology for 30 plus years and my specialty is exposures scenarios that the human body must endure. Exposure is the broad brush. That could be chemical exposure, that could be pharmaceutical exposure, that could be exposure to, electromagnetic radiation, that could be 5G, that could be biological exposure or microbial exposure; so the fact that I’ve specialized in exposure of the human body, that’s where my expertise comes in. Exposure to the biologicals, viruses to specifically the, coronavirus.
- I opened my own practice and company called, Superior Toxicology and Wellness, providing services helping with the pharmaceutical industry and in chemical exposures. Basically taking care of people, giving them a full toxicological report.
- The human body has a set amount of defense systems and exposure to the, coronavirus, in particular that’s where the damage starts kicking in.
- The, common cold, is a virus actually in a classification called, rhinoviruses, which is actually a sub classification of the, coronavirus, family so they’re all related.
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a viral respiratory illness started in … Europe, and Asia before the SARS global outbreak of 2003 was contained.
- Influenza Virus, commonly known as “the flu“, is an infectious disease caused by an influenza virus. Symptoms can be mild to severe. The most common symptoms include: high fever, runny nose, sore throat, muscle and joint pain, headache, coughing, and feeling tired.
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) is viral respiratory illness that is new to humans. It was first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and has since spread to other countries.
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is a chronic, potentially life-threatening condition caused by the human immunodeficiency virus(HIV). By damaging your immune system, HIV interferes with your body’s ability to fight infection and disease.
- The herpes simplex virus, also known as HSV, is an infection that causes herpes. Herpes can appear in various parts of the body, most commonly on the genitals or mouth. There are two types of the herpes simplex virus.
- Do you need a loan or rent an apartment but you don’t have a credit score? Do you have a credit score but it is low? I would like to tell you about an amazing free service offered by Kikoff, K-I-K-O-F-F. They build credit for free. No interest, no fee, no credit pull, no bank account or credit card required. Their customers who had zero credit were able to get a 600+ credit score in 30 days. Kikoff is an official member of all three major consumer credit bureaus and will establish your credit history with all of them. It is a mission-driven company backed by social impact investors. Credit building should be free and now it is. Build your credit and receive free credit scores at Kikoff’s website today!
All these viruses consists of a protein coat, the technical scientific word for it is a capsid and this protein coat protects the genetic material which is inside the virus. The two basic types of virus you have are DNA viruses and RNA viruses. They have genetic material and they have a protein coat that consists of multiple proteins and this is collectively known as a, viral particle, so that, viral particles, need some sort of a pathway to attach to a host and get into a host cell. The, coronavirus, is specifically designed for two things:
- it’s designed to get into that host cell
- and it’s designed to avoid getting eliminated.
So the way that happens is that it has an interaction through a specific receptor and with the, coronavirus, that receptor is the 8/2 receptor – stands for angiotensin converting enzyme. That is the gateway for the, coronavirus, to attach to the host cell and get all of the genetic material into that host cell.
The, coronavirus on its own can’t replicate it needs to be in conjunction with the host cell and what the, coronavirus, does is what all viruses do. It hijacks the host replicating machinery to make copy after copy of the viral genetic code, so then when that host cell is so loaded with, viral particles, it virtually bores open and sends new viruses all over the body.
- The virus that hijacks the cells and uses it to replicate will kill that cell when that starts to happen the body mounts a defense against those, viruses so it’s a battle between how fast can the virus replicate or how fast can the body take out the virus that’s trying to overpower the defense mechanisms of the body the defense mechanism of the body.
- This is called your, immune system. The, immune system, is the super complex organ system in your body that never gets enough credit, the, immune system, in the human body has the power to ruin your life and it does that when it gets out of whack and starts attacking yourself. This is called autoimmune disease, so it is a delicate balance of keeping your immune system in check but still powerful enough to battle against viruses.
- That balance that is generically called, wellness, so you can begin to see how everything is
- We all use Facebook and Messenger to keep in touch, but the problem with these APPs is that they are heavy on the data. So what happens sooner or later is that you run out of free space and have to delete some stuff. Like your favorite photos and videos.
- So this is where the AP called MAKI shines. Maki is a single app with both Facebook and Messenger and is also more than 10 times smaller! And that’s not all: MAKI also allows you to remove Facebook ads in your news feed, plus protect your eyes at night with dark mode. Search for ‘Maki’ in the Google Play to get it for free now. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunshine.makilite
When the, virus, is winning over the, immune system, that’s when you start to see symptoms of the viral illness. The body gets sick and the illness progresses. The body is spending all kinds of resources to try to fight the viral load the viral replication and it’s also now trying to manage the symptoms of that illness.
The way you intercede pharmacologically that means fancy big words are saying how do you use drugs to attack the, viruses, well you need an antiviral drug or vaccine and usually those types of drugs target those proteins that are in that protein coat that’s around the genetic material or they try to halt the viral replication in the cell.
- We sacrifice the one cell to stop the viral replication and if we’re going after the protein coat that’s usually the targets of, vaccines,
- It’s difficult to make a vaccine that’s why there’s no cure for the, common cold, because those proteins in that coat are continually and rapidly mutating. You have to have something stable to develop a vaccine to fight that viral infection and if the mutation rate is too fast there’s not a target that’s around long enough to design that vaccine against.
How does the, Influenza virus, vaccine work?
The way to describe this is let’s say you have a bucket of, flu viruses, and there’s a hundred different kinds in there. The look at historic data about emergence of these different viruses historically over time and they’re trying to predict the best case scenario for which, flu virus, is going to break out and run through the human population in any given year. So what they do is they take the top three that will most likely to break out, flu viruses, and they formulate that season vaccine to those three viruses. There’s no guarantee that they’re getting it right. There’s no guarantee that it’s going to be effective and it’s always going to be a best-guess scenario. It’s still a good idea to get a flu shot because more times than not, one of those flu viruses that they have in that mixture is going to the one.
Why does the, coronavirus, affect the elderly population?
I’m understanding why the people who are dying from the, coronavirus, so far are the elderly or are sick people who have compromised, immune systems, because the, immune system, can’t fight the, coronavirus, as fast as their bodies are making these duplicates.
What they’ve seen in the population statistics are the people at the greatest risk are the people that are 70 years old or older or those that have pre-existing medical conditions, respiratory effects, cardiac effects. Those folks with those types of medical problems are particularly at risk and those are the ones that should absolutely adhere to every one of the guidelines being put out. Stay away from crowds, keep your hands washed, do not touch any common surfaces where this infection could be because they have the least amount of capacity to fight and survive this particular viral infection.
Hello everyone out there! I just wanted to take a brief moment to share with you a major credit secret that most people are not even aware of that can help you with your credit needs.
In this day and age I think we all know how important good credit is and how credit is tied to everything we do from buying a house, a car, a job, an apartment, insurance, virtually everything comes down to your credit history.
The Problem is many of us have made mistakes or just run into circumstances beyond our control dealing with credit. The good news is that SecondCreditProfile.com can help you legally establish a new personal or business credit profile. This is the biggest secret that credit agencies don’t want you to know about. I encourage you to check out SecondCreditProfile.com for more information.
What makes the, coronavirus so infectious?
If I had to answer that with one word that word would be, infectivity.
Basically the difference between the, coronavirus, COVID-19, this year’s poster child for pandemic is the amount of people that got this infection and how easily it spreads from person to person to person.
This is the key that sets it apart from other, viruses, like, common cold, SARS, Influenza virus, Mers, AIDS virus, Herpes virus, Ebola virus, etc.
The infectivity rate of the, coronavirus, COVID-19 is much greater and much more aggressive than viruses, that have been available in the past or attacked humans in the past. So in one word it would be its infectious nature. That’s what sets the, coronavirus, apart; but the reason that is because of the gateway that, coronavirus, gets into the host cells it’s the ace 2 receptors. (Angiotensin converting enzyme 2.)
- Humans have these receptors on your heart, on your lungs, on your kidney, on your liver, on all of your blood vessels, and in a high propensity in your oral cavity, your mouth, your tongue, your cheek, your throat, your airways; so whenever there is any viral particles, let’s say somebody that gets less than 6 feet away from you sneezes and you can feel the droplets on your face well you also have those receptors in your mouth, and your throat ,and all of those droplets if that person is infected is just chock-full of, coronavirus, and those viruses bind to those receptors in and around wherever they can get in your body and then start that process of replicating.
- Smokers have a higher level of the ACE2 receptors, so they are more susceptible to the, coronavirus.
- The virus invokes an inflammation response, so what happens is the virus gets in and it triggers your, immune system, your, immune system, calls for the cavalry and the cavalry consists your t-cells that’s your b-cells and all of your other leukocytes, your white blood cells, come rushing to wherever this space is that this attack is going on and the your body is mounting a mass inflammation response to try to kill whatever is there in this case it’s the, corona virus.
- The problem is the things that go awry is that when your, immune system, gets completely overzealous and calls in everything it has to launch an inflammation reaction that’s bigger than it needs, it loses the braking mechanism if you will and what you have is called a cytokine storm. That cytokine storm produces such an inflammation reaction that it runs through your cellular protective mechanisms. Your lungs get flooded and your organs start to shut down.
In this season of the Corona virus pandemic masks can save lives. There is a worldwide shortage of masks. I saw health care workers making there own.
Chinasbag.com has lots of, disposable face masks, available for sale for immediate delivery.
Check out their N95 Mouth Mask protects against Dust, Pollution, and germs.
Their Military Grade Washable Cotton Masks the, KN95 Masks, With Activated Carbon Filter Is a Breathable Mask for Germ Protection.
Head over to Chinasbag.com to order now wholesale quantities also available and stay protected during this pandemic
You can get multiple organ failure over a very short period of time. If the person is going into cytokine storm because of the, coronavirus, infection, it’s a very bleak picture. It’s very painful and the people have to have very intense resource intensive medical care if they’re going to have a chance to survive.
The, coronavirus, can be symptom-free up to 14 days and I’ve seen some evidence that suggests it could be 24 to 28 days without symptoms. What’s going on at that time is there’s a fight raging in your body between the, coronavirus, and the, immune system, if the, immune system, wins then that person never shows symptoms; but is still was infected and give it to other people.
The other thing which you hear repeatedly in the media, is that you have to be careful because this, coronavirus, can live on surfaces for up to nine days. Think about this as you grab the grocery cart handle and the gas pump, then after touching those services how many times do you scratch your nose or touch your eye.
How to Protect yourself against the Coronavirus?
- You have to protect yourself against infection the best defense is avoiding infection in the first place.
- That’s barrier protection that’s avoiding the crowds
- That’s keeping your common areas clean
- That’s washing after you touch common areas
- It’s just not doing anything stupid
- Make sure you’re in top physical condition
- you know I mean just make sure
- Make sure you’re hydrated
- Make sure that you’re getting enough sleep
- Make sure that you’re eating a good diet not a bunch of processed food
- Eat a diet of half or mostly plants and you’re going to be okay
- Practice Wellness
I was listening to Dr. Deepak Chopra give advice on the, coronavirus, and he talked about having a healthy lifestyle that included, meditation, exercise, and nutrition.
What is your wellness program to prevent the, Coronavirus?
- Meditation is tremendous, it’s the power of the mind. You absolutely have to have a positive outlook and you have to be thinking about how you want things to be, not how you dread things could be.
- Exercise the promotes a healthy body, it helps you to eliminate toxins and gives your body an avenue to eliminate things. Exercise increases your body temperature and it produces the sweat and it increases the circulation to the lymph system, which is your garbage disposal in the body. Which helps to eliminate toxins. Exercise gives you the sense of well-being. I try to do something active every day.
- Nutrition like I said right before eat half and mostly plants and you’re going to be okay. There’s actually some new research out there that shows after going 90 days on a vegan diet that you change the transcription of 500 different genes in your body, some of them for promoting wellness and others for preventing disease. It just unlocks your body’s ability to engage with the consciousness of the universe.
Its carbon 60, which is the world’s most efficient antioxidant. Having carbon 60 on board can help to stop that cytokine storm that happens when you’re when your inflammation response goes haywire and the other two ingredients in C60 complete are black seed oil and curcumin. Those two are very powerful natural products that have been around for centuries in the herbal medicine circles.
The other programs that I like are on my website Superior Toxicology and Wellness. Click on the HOPE button, HOPE stands for, Health Optimization Prescription Evaluation. Those folks who are on multiple drug products and think they have no way out of that polypharmacy because one doctor put them on one thing and the next doctor put them on the next thing and the third doctor put them on something else and none of those doctors took the time to look at what they were already on, I’ll do that for you. I’ll be that pharmaceutical advocate and give you the questions that you can ask your doctors to say. Do I really need to be on these drugs or why am I on these drugs. Because if you can eliminate the drugs and give your body what it needs to function optimally, you’re going to give yourself the best case scenario to fight off these pandemics.
This year it’s, coronavirus, before it was, SARS, before it was, Ebola virus, it’s always something killing humanity about every two years.
Subscribe to the Transform Your Mind to Transform your Life Radio and Podcast
If you like the content of the show then all I ask you to do is Rate and review on iTunes, so that more people can hear and listen. Also please share this episode with your friends this is one of the episodes that you’re going to want to definitely share, really really good information here.
Additional Resources, coronovirus
Novel coronavirus, is among the family of, coronaviruses, that cause illnesses that range from the common cold to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). Until last year, the new strain had never before been seen in humans.
Symptoms of the infection include serious respiratory illness often with additional fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. Currently there is no cure nor a vaccine for the infections, so physicians treat patients based on their symptoms. Some patients come down with a bad case of pneumonia or kidney failure. Gastrointestinal problems, like diarrhea, have also been reported.
People who already have underlying health conditions may be more susceptible to the infection, and their symptoms may be different from the majority of cases — for example, they may not experience respiratory problems.