Dr Nina Savelle-Rocklin says “It’s not about willpower” In her book How to, lose weight, without, dieting, Dr Nina says dieting leads to, eating disorders.
Dr Nina is also the author of “Food for Thought” a book about the treatment of, eating disorders.
Our emotions feed our food intake. Our brain responds to emotions and feelings making it hard to, lose weight. Dr Nina is going to teach us today about how emotions affect our ability to, lose weight, and leads to, eating disorders.
In keeping with the format of my show, today my tip of the week looks at how positive emotions and negative emotions affect our daily lives.
Positive emotions or feelings can be likened to yeast in a loaf of bread. They raise your energy levels so that you can attract like thoughts floating around in the universe.
Thought impulses mixed with emotion are picked up quicker by infinite intelligence and acted upon.
7 Major emotions that helps to, Lose Weight
There are 7 major positive emotions:
- These are the most powerful emotions for creating wealth and happiness.
There are also 7 major negative emotions that lead to, eating disorders
Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time. One or the other must dominate. You must make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominant emotions of your mind.
Form the habit of scanning your body to determine how you are feeling. If you find negativity immediately shift to a positive thought. With practice your positive emotions will dominate and negatives cannot enter in.
Negative emotions and feelings make you feel bad and makes us over eat, and impossible to, lose weight. Feeling bad is unnatural so we try to eat something, drink something, buy something or do something to make ourselves feel better. That is the source of addictive behaviors. You need to kill the ANTS. Automatic negative thoughts.
Check out my blog at blog.myhelps.us for more information on how to control your Automatic negative thoughts.
Nina Savelle-Rocklin, Psy.D. is a psychoanalyst, author, speaker and internationally-recognized expert in weight, food and body image issues.
She has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, Prevention, Real Simple, Huffington Post and many other publications, and is a frequent guest speaker on podcasts, radio, summits and other events, including the prestigious National Meeting of the American Psychoanalytic Association.
Dr. Nina’s personal experience gives her a unique understanding of what it’s like to struggle – and she knows change is possible! She brings a fresh perspective by helping people understand “why” they turn to food instead of focusing on what they’re eating. In addition to her private practice, she writes an award-winning blog, Make Peace With Food, hosts a popular podcast, Win The Diet War with Dr. Nina, and offers “food for thought” on her video series, The Dr. Nina Show.
She has contributed to two psychoanalytic books, and her book “Food For Thought” on the treatment of eating disorders is to be published by Rowman & Littlefield later this year. Check out Dr Nina on the web at https://winthedietwar.com
Can you share your history and what led you to do this work?
• Topic Discussion: It’s Not About Willpower! How To, Lose Weight, Without, Dieting
• 2. Every year there’s a new fad diet – low carb, gluten free, Paleo. Why do you think, diets, don’t work?
• 3. What’s the best way to deal with food triggers that trigger, emotional eating?
• 4. What role does self-acceptance and self-esteem play in, weight loss?
• 5. For our listeners who want to make changes, what are some of the things they can do to create change?
• 6. A lot of people lose weight but gain it back, or they’re always in that yo-yo diet cycle. What causes people to sabotage their weight loss efforts?
How to Lose Weight Fast
- Eat a high protein breakfast.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice.
- Drink water before meals.
- Choose weight-loss-friendly foods.
- Eat soluble fiber.
- Drink coffee or tea.
- Base your diet on whole foods.
- Eat slowly.
Remember to subscribe to my channel to get notice of future life changing content.