In the episode of 5 Min Fridays with Coach Myrna, I share 4 secrets to improving yourself as taught by Jim Rohn. Every book you read, every podcast you listen to, every seminar you attend, starts changing your philosophy. Now if you’re excited, and you’re ready to change your lifestyle and improve yourself, here are the steps to improve yourself. Improving yourself will one day show up in your bank account and in your lifestyle.
Download the podcast here:
How to Improve Yourself by Jim Rohn
You don’t have to change what’s outside, all you got to change is what’s inside. To have more you simply have to become more. Don’t wish it was easier wish, you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Start working on improving yourself by making these personal changes and it’ll all change for you.
Jim Rohn, says here’s the secret, learn to work harder on yourself than you do on your job. Once I got that it turned my life around. He said if you work hard on your job, you’ll make a living. If you work hard on yourself, you can make a fortune. He said If you would have known me at age 25 you would have said, Jim Rohn’s, a hard worker you didn’t know me you would have said that. I’m the guy that don’t mind coming in a little bit early, and staying a little bit late. But If you’ll start working harder on yourself than you do on your job, work hard on yourself and develop the skills, work hard on yourself and develop the graces all of the stuff necessary to become more valuable to the marketplace. Your whole life can explode into change.
When you improve yourself Life is no problem
- Promotions – no problem
- Becoming more valuable to the company – no problem
- Money – no problem
- Economics – no problem
- Future – no problem.
You just go to work on the right thing. Don’t try to change the seed, don’t change the soil, don’t change the sunshine, don’t change the rain, don’t change the mix of seasons.
Let the miracle of everything that’s available work for you and start working on the inside.
- Work on your philosophy.
- Work on your attitude.
- Work on your personality,
- Work on your language,
- Work on the gift of communication,
- Work on all of your abilities.
If you’ll start making those personal changes, I’m telling you, everything will change for you.
Success is not something you pursue
Success, is something you attract by the person you become. Success, is not something you pursue. So, the whole key to unlock all the treasures, whether it’s economic treasures or spiritual treasures, financial, social personal every way you can possibly think of is by your own, personal development.
Then he added one more which is so important, and it’s probably worth its weight in gold. Here it is. What you become is much more valuable than who you are today. You become by the books you read, you become by the thoughts you have. If you want the things on the higher shelf, you got to stand on the books you read. Every book you read; you get to stand a little higher, so you can get the things on the higher shelf.
Every book you read, every podcast you listen to, every seminar you attend, starts changing your philosophy. Now if you’re excited, and you’re ready to change your lifestyle and, improve yourself.
Here’s the steps to improve yourself:
- Find out how things work. The first key to doing better and improving yourself is find out how things work.
- Then you need, ideas. The books you read can give you, ideas. Become a good reader. All of the successful people I know, they’re all good readers. Curiosity drives them to read. You need, ideas, on a new business, you need ideas to start something new. You may think you need, money; no the problem is lack of, ideas on creating wealth. It isn’t lack of, money. It’s a, lack of ideas. So, if you get the idea so you can change anything. When you find out something that works, put the information in your journal. Don’t use your head for a filing cabinet. Put it in your journal so that you can do the next best thing, Repetition, repetition, go over it. And if you repeat it, go over it. Sure enough, someday, some mysterious day. The idea takes root and shows up in your bank account and your lifestyle.
- Study success, it leaves clues. If you wish to be successful, study success. If you wish to be happy study happiness. If you wish to be wealthy study wealth, don’t leave it to chance. Make it a study. Some people just go through the day with their fingers crossed. You’ve got to study the things that can change your economic, social, spiritual personal life.
- Finally, learn, study, grow, change. It’s what, how to improve yourself, is all about. Human development, takes time, incredible amounts of time. It does take time for personal development, it does take time for, spiritual development, physical development and, mental development. So, it is important to keep feeding the mind, nourishing the mind.
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of, 5 min Fridays with coach Myrna. I hoped you were encouraged to keep improving yourself daily by reading and looking for new ideas because whenever you seek, you will find.
Until next time Namaste